The PET-MAG-NET represents a collaboration between the Harvard Medical School/ Massachussetts General Hospital (MGH)/ Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging and the Technical University of Munich (TUM)/ Klinikum rechts der Isar. The network was founded 07/2009 to bundle scientific efforts with regard to development, improvement and application of multimodal imaging techniques, particularly modern hybrid PET-MRI technology. Aim is the establishment of a strong international workgroup in the early phase of PET-MRI development.
Both participating centers have longstanding expertise in the application of MRI and PET-technology, resources and experience are in part overlapping, in part complementary. Therefore mutual benefit of the collaboration is expected.
In detail collaborative efforts with regard to PET-MR technology will be directed towards:
- Tracer development and evaluation/Multi-purpose tracers
- Small animal imaging, cross evaluation of methods/tracers
- Human studies: Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology
- Clinical multi-center studies
- Data processing (attentuation correction, movement correction, integration of PET and MRI-data, kinetic modelling
- Administrative Issues, Toxicology (FDA/GMP etc.)
Furthermore the collaboration offers potential opportunities with regard to:
- Funding and grant support
- Exchange of scientists
- Student exchange/graduate programs
- Common meetings