MARTINOS CENTER FOR BIOMEDICAL IMAGING RETREAT
Tuesday Sept. 14, 2010
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Castle Hill, Ipswich, MA
Tuesday Sept 14, 2010 - 8:00AM - 5:00PM
||Continental Breakfast Served
||Welcome & Center Updates, Bruce Rosen
||Data Blitz & Poster Session
||Open Forum Discussion
Each lab or research group is invited to present a poster that describes the
work of the lab in general. The goals of the poster session are to give
everyone an idea of the kinds of work going on at the Center and a sense of who
is part of which lab and who is collaborating with whom. (If people are
creative, and this is strongly encouraged, the posters could also have
considerable entertainment value...)
Instructions for Posters
Posters may include:
IMPORTANT: Posters will be presented on easels, not tack boards. Please
be sure that your poster will stand up on an easel by mounting it on firm
cardboard. If you plan to print your poster using the Martinos Center poster printer,
must read this.
- Name and location of the lab
- Name of investigators, fellows and students in the lab (include pictures!)
- Departmental and institutional affiliation(s) of the different people in the lab
- Scientific goals/purpose of the lab
- Description of current projects - give a little background, state major aims or hypotheses, general statement of methods, some interesting data and/or results.
- Names of other relevant labs or investigators with whom your lab collaborates, if any
- What's next - what is the lab's research strategy or plans for upcoming projects
Note to Lab Heads and PIs: If you are a Lab Head or PI please designate
someone in your lab who will be responsible for creating the lab poster and
bringing it to the Retreat. The lab name and title of the poster should be
included in the registration information for this person.
Please plan to have at least one representative from your lab present
throughout the poster session.
Address questions to
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.