Dr. Tian’s research lies at the interface of neuroimaging, signal processing, machine learning and neuroscience. He is interested in developing cutting-edge human neuroimaging methods using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), particularly diffusion MRI, for mapping the tissue microstructure and structural connections in the in vivo human brain and the application and translation of these methods for advancing the characterization and understanding of brain in health and diseases especially neurodegenerative diseases as well as improving patient care. Another line of his research focuses on the development and deployment of artificial intelligence in human neuroimage acquisition and computing, and the application and translation of artificial intelligence enhanced human neuroimaging methods for scientific and clinical applications.
PhD in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
1. Tian Q, Wintermark M, Jeffrey Elias W, Ghanouni P, Halpern CH, Henderson JM, Huss DS, Goubran M, Thaler C, Airan R, Zeineh M, Pauly KB, McNab JA. Diffusion MRI tractography for improved transcranial MRI-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy targeting for essential tremor. Neuroimage Clin. 2018 May 9;19:572-580. doi: 10.1016/j.nicl.2018.05.010. PMID: 29984165; PMCID: PMC6029558.
2. Tian Q, Bilgic B, Fan Q, Liao C, Ngamsombat C, Hu Y, Witzel T, Setsompop K, Polimeni JR, Huang SY. DeepDTI: High-fidelity six-direction diffusion tensor imaging using deep learning. Neuroimage. 2020 Oct 1;219:117017. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2020.117017. Epub 2020 Jun 3. PMID: 32504817; PMCID: PMC7646449.
3. Tian Q, Bilgic B, Fan Q, Ngamsombat C, Zaretskaya N, Fultz NE, Ohringer NA, Chaudhari AS, Hu Y, Witzel T, Setsompop K, Polimeni JR, Huang SY. Improving in vivo human cerebral cortical surface reconstruction using data-driven super-resolution. Cereb Cortex. 2021 Jan 1;31(1):463-482. doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhaa237. PMID: 32887984; PMCID: PMC7727379.
4. Tian Q, Fan Q, Witzel T, Polackal MN, Ohringer NA, Ngamsombat C, Russo AW, Machado N, Brewer K, Wang F, Setsompop K, Polimeni JR, Keil B, Wald LL, Rosen BR, Klawiter EC, Nummenmaa A, Huang SY. Comprehensive diffusion MRI dataset for in vivo human brain microstructure mapping using 300 mT/m gradients. Sci Data. 2022 Jan 18;9(1):7. doi: 10.1038/s41597-021-01092-6. PMID: 35042861; PMCID: PMC8766594.
1. Junior Fellow, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), 2020